Smile enhancement with natural-looking porcelain veneers
Porcelain veneers are a reliable way to cover the imperfections of the smile. Most veneers are used on the teeth near the front of the smile, known as the anterior teeth. If these teeth are chipped, gapped, misshapen, or permanently stained, dental veneers are a conservative and long-lasting solution to resurface the tooth and disguise the issue.
Veneers are thin handcrafted porcelain shields worn on the front of the tooth which improve the appearance of teeth that are chipped, cracked, stained or worn. Veneers are thin as contact lenses, and are an aesthetically pleasing option of closing gaps, lengthening teeth, and providing symmetry to make your smile more natural. Veneers are intended to last for many years without changing color. They are one of the most popular cosmetic procedures in dentistry. Ask your dentist if veneers may be right for you.
Why might I consider porcelain veneers?
The team of Shandley Kane Dental of Hoffman Estates, Illinois, may recommend porcelain veneers in various situations. Below are a few reasons why a patient might consider the benefits of porcelain veneers for their smiles:
- Closing a gap between teeth. Porcelain veneers can be used to close a gap between teeth that might otherwise require traditional orthodontic treatment to manage.
- Concealing chips and cracks. Porcelain veneers are ideal for hiding chips and cracks on the surfaces of teeth near the front of the smile. They are stronger and longer-lasting compared to repairing the chipped area with filling material.
- Restoring discolored teeth. Due to the way they are designed to cover specific imperfections, porcelain veneers are an effective way to restore permanently stained teeth. They disguise discoloration caused by medication, excessive consumption of dark-colored foods and drinks, natural white spots, or aging, and may be used if traditional ways of reducing stains, such as professional teeth whitening, are not successful at providing the results patients desire.
- Correcting misalignments or other cosmetic issues. Traditional porcelain veneers are also used to make minor corrections in tooth misalignment and correct other cosmetic problems with your smile, such as shape or size discrepancies between teeth.
Am I a good candidate for natural-looking veneers?
Patients who visit Drs. Steven Shandley, Elizabeth Kane, and Colleen Shandley of Shandley Kane Dental may have questions about whether porcelain veneers suit their needs. An evaluation and consultation visit is the first step in finding out more about this or other alternative treatments that can be used to achieve the changes you desire. Other solutions that might be recommended include:
- Orthodontic treatment
- Professional teeth bleaching
- Dental bonding
Call Shandley Kane Dental to schedule an appointment at our Hoffman Estates, Illinois office!
Our dental team believes patients should have access to solutions that meet their needs in restoring the smile’s appearance and may suggest the advantages of treatments such as porcelain veneers. Call (847) 428-4646 to book an appointment with the team today!